Nov 1, 2005

Its Career Research, Dammit!!

i love this time of the month. its when i'm broke and i cant enjoy the small things in life. like subway, greasy ass chicken shacks, mcdonalds, beer, comics. damn i miss comics. especially with new stuff coming out that gets me all geeked out. like these covers:

well here's your dose of useless so these make some sense: Pic 1 is the Spider-Man Classic suit. its the one we know and love. Pic 2 is a suit that resulted from Spider-Man getting in contact with an alien symbiote (sp?) it would protect him and it had morphing abilities. Eventually Spidey rejected it, probably got a bit creeped out by something that all on you all the time... ugh. Feeling all poopy like an ex-girlfriend, the alien bonded with someone else that hated Spider-Man just as much (Eddie Brock) and became one of his most dangerous enemies: Venom. Venom knew everything about Spidey and blah, blah, blah, etc, etc, go read a comic book, screw you, blah blah. Moving along... Pic 3 (oh boy, sigh) is the Spider-Man costume worn by Ben Reilly, a clone of Spider-Man thought to be the original, later revealed to be the clone after all, later to be killed by the Green Goblin and he turned to dust in Peter's arms. Thats the simplest way I can explain that confusing mess.

LETS HAVE FUN WITH MARKETING
You got a storyline and you want to generate a buzz for it? Then you need to catch the eye of your customers. In the case of comics, a cover that will bring people in. In case of Spider-Man the new storyline is called "The Other." So the good folks over there decide "lets drive or fans crazy and make them speculate." The Other could be the other costume, the other Spider-Clone... Fuckin dirty publishers. Trying to take my money. At several conventions this past summer, Marvel Comics Publisher, Editor in Cheif, and several writers working on the project have only given a few clue about the story, joking that Peter Parker will lose an organ. The title of the story is now called "Spider-Man:the Other: Evolve or Die." I didnt know you could have that many colons in one title. Speculations have been that Spider-Man will die (highly unlikely due to the movie franchise making oodles- yes oodles of money) and with the revealing of pic 3 today, people have wondered if Ben Reilly would return due to said missing organ. Meh. That would be nice, but there's so much back story it might confuse some people. I'll wait for the trade if I can't get a hold of extra money.

MID-POSTING EDIT: My co-workers think either I'm hungry/starving all the time or that I'm greedy piggy (like some people seem to think) cause they make sure I get my greasy chicken fix. I love the Southside (my heart and veins say "NO!")

OKAY SOMETHING ELSE:
I havent posted i a long time so I havent been able to post about the Jay-Z "I Declare War" concerts Thursday and Saturday in Jersey and Philly, respectively. "Fans" (i guess thats what they are) were taking guesses as to who would Jigga be taking shots at. It turns out "I Declare War" really meant "I'm just playin witcha" (you know like the card game. playing. cards. aww fuck it) cause the mission was peace. The last good beef in hip-hop was killed with one phrase: "Esco... Let's go!" And with that, Nas came out on stage with Jay-Z. Crowd goes nuts, the two perform Jay-Z's "Dead Presidents II" which sampled Nas' "The World is Yours." And Nas did a verse of that very song over the beat of "DP II." Nas went on to perform a few songs solo and was joined again by Jay and Diddy to do "Hate Me Now." Diddy got to dead some beef of his own performing with LOX for "All About the Benjamins"- one of the greastest hip-hop songs EVA!! Yeah. I said it. What. The LOX performed with Beanie Sigel (who Jadakiss and co. had beef with once), Jay-Z (same thing with him too), and Sauce Money (who everybody thought had beef with Jay) to perform "Reservoir Dogs." Beanie Sigel, at the Philly show, joined members of State Property on stage (who all kinda shitted on him when he was in jail. no mail. no visits. no nothin). TI and Young Jeezy were there too, but they like everybody or everybody likes them.

In a (HA) related note, NBA star, "what color is he?" Frenchie, Tony Parker will be releasing a rap CD. So many jokes my head hurts, or maybe my arteries are clogged and blood can't get to my brain from all that grease.

PEACE

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your nerdyness! that is so hot! even if i dont really care much for spiderman... i mean he is cool and all but yea... but i just love ur talkin about chicken! thanks u always find a way to make me hungry! and um leave my baby tony alone! he is HOT! yupper...


and enuf with the jay-z nas sex scene. i love it!